Sunday, November 29, 2009

Life after Spain


I decided that I'm going to keep up this little blog for awhile because it's been fun. It's 6:30 am on a Sunday and I'm awake so it's the perfect time. I can't seem to stay awake past 9:30 pm yet, but at least I'm not falling asleep during the day. Jet lag was worse when we went to Spain for some reason. And culture shock coming home was worse than going. I have to admit my first few days back were depressing. I didn't want to do anything and the house and yard were overwhelming. McKenzie and Ladd did an awesome job taking care of everything, but I was still facing tasks to be done. Ugh! I realized that I'm the kind of person who likes living out of one suitcase and making do. I like backpacking and wearing the same clothes everyday. I know it might sound weird. And now I look at all this stuff all around me and I wonder how did all of this get here and how do I get rid of it. So that's where I am. I'll keep you posted on how I adjust.

3 comments:

Janet said...

I do know how you feel! After our three years in Korea in a house half the size and did learn to appreciate a more simple life. I wanted to keep that simplification, but came home overwhelmed. I still struggled to keep things simple - it's harder for me than for you - I LIKE fluff. But you will settle back in and be able to use what you learned. It's great to have you home! See you at church!

whitney said...

When I got home from London a giant picture of Dick Cheney was the first thing I saw, and then people screaming "NEXT" in the customs line. After the polite, quiet, unassuming British, that was a hard thing to deal with.

Kim H said...

I support your continuing the blog! I also think I should plan a month or 2 in Spain. That is a worthy goal! Kim